MARTIN VILLEGAS - CLUB FOUNDER
Blue Knights Soccer Club was started by Martin Villegas in 2008. Like other dads, Martin began coaching his 6 year old son in a recreational league in the late 90's. This team trained, played and grew up together, and by the time they were 15 years old, had won the first of 3 successive state cup championships under Martin's direction.
Martin learned much of his coaching style, techniques, and soccer's role in life in Europe, specifically in the Netherlands. He has received his UEFA B license and continuously encourages our entire coaching staff to pursue as much coaching education as possible.
- 24 years youth coaching experience
- KNVB B and UEFA B license
- FPF Youth license
- KNVB Nova College 2012-13
- Utah Youth Soccer Coach of the Year 2010
- Hillcrest High School Boys and Girls Head Coach 2001-05
- U16, U17, U18 Utah Youth Soccer State Cup Champions (2008-10)
BLAINE BURNETT - DIRECTOR OF COACHING
Contact 770-630-2349 BLAINE.FUTBOL10@GMAIL.COM
Blaine's main role in the club is to train coaches and ensure a high standard of coaching is maintained. He directs all Blue Knights trainers and continues to improve our club.
He grew up in Guadalajara, Mexico playing on the Professional club system of Club Deportivo Guadalajara, best known as Chivas. He then moved to the US and graduated from the University of Utah with a Psychology Degree. His first job was at Utah Valley Mental Hospital working with Patients with Schizophrenia, Bipolar and Depression.
In 1998 he became the Director of Coaching for Sparta United Soccer Club. Blaine experienced a high level of success, and won 10 of the 14 state championships 2 years in a row. His next challenge was to take over the Georgia State AFC Lightning Girls Director program. He went on to win U18 Girls National Championships. During that time he also worked as an instructor teaching D, C and B license certification courses. Last year we were lucky when Blaine moved back to Utah and became the Director of Coaching at Blue Knights Soccer Club.
- USSF "A" License (the highest in the USA)
- NSCAA (National Soccer Collegiate Athletic Asso.) Premier License
- FEMEXFU (Mexican Federation of Futbol) A License
- Region 3 Staff Instructor for the B and C License
- Georgia State University Coach
- Director of Coaching Sparta United Soccer Club
- Girls Director AFC Lightning Atlanta, GA
- Academy Director AFC Lightning
- 2 National Champions. U-18 Boys, U-19 Girls
- 3 Region 3 Championships
- 2 Region 3 Runner-ups
- 23 State Cup Champions
JAY LANGLOIS- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF COACHING, ACADEMY DIRECTOR
Jay grew up in Salem, Oregon and moved to the sandy area 1983, where he continued and finished his youth soccer career with Sparta United Soccer Club and Hillcrest High School. He furthered his soccer development with Westminster College and played two years in southern France, on a club team in the small town of Pau, at the base of the beautiful Pyrenees Mountains. He finished his education at the University of Phoenix with a degree in Business Management.
Jay's Coaching Motto: Play the game of soccer with your head and heart
- 21 years coaching and training competitive academy teams (Sparta United)
- USSF C National License
- Top Soccer certified (certified to work with special needs athletes)
- Head Coach Jordan High school boys and girls soccer program
- Academy Director Avalanche/APEX
Provide the best environment for young players to learn and improve their skills –at the same time having fun and learning to love the game!
Most coaches at Blue Knights Soccer Club are D Licensed and have regular coaching sessions with Blaine and/or Jay to adapt to the Blue Knights style. In addition, all coaches are individually interviewed and go through a thorough background check. Coach selection is made based on general soccer experience, experience with children, and whether they support our club philosophy (learn more). Then over time, coaches are evaluated to ensure we have best coaches that deliver the best soccer experience for our kids. Assistant coaches are often used and are required to be licensed and background checked. We expect assistant coaches to learn the same coaching style and be committed to providing a great soccer experience for all players.